CHESTNUTHILL TWP.,, Pa. - The coroner has identified the victim of an accident Friday morning in Monroe County.
The crash happened around 8 a.m. at Route 715 and Effort-Neola Road, near Brodheadsville, in Chestnuthill Township.
Michal Kobylinski, the driver of the car, died at the scene, according to Bob Allen, Monroe County's coroner.
Kobylinski, 20, of Stroudsburg, was driving north on Route 715 when he went into the southbound lane, over-corrected, went up an embankment and wrapped the car around a tree, Allen said.
The death was ruled an accident.
Kobylinski's front seat passenger was his cousin, 18-year-old Chris Szymanski, who was injured and taken to the hospital, but officials had no information about his condition.
State police in Fern Ridge are handling the investigation.
A Saylorsburg man will be charged, after police say they caught him driving under the influence with his child in the carRead More »
- Immigration officials detain alleged undocumented immigrants in Poconos
- PennDOT cracking down on 'Graffiti Highway' trespassing
- Police seize weapons from home of Horvath's father-in-law
- Police: Mom caught with meth, heroin, marijuana
- 3 accused of stealing $1,700 in merchandise from Mahoning Walmart
- 2 killed in Paradise Twp. motorcycle crash
- Updated Restoration of Penn Street Bridge in Reading well underway
- Man accused of stabbing wife, daughter-in-law in Allentown
- Reading woman killed in crash on I-176 in Caernarvon
- Updated Pete Rose appears on Phillies' wall of fame ballot
- Christie on the radio? He says he'll consider his options
- Allentown Health Bureau recognized for emergency preparedness
- Arts Around Town: Marionettes join Bach Choir for 'The Nightingale'
- 12 displaced in Allentown apartment fire
- Man charged in Allentown hit-and-run
- Berks commissioners talk future of tax-free municipal bonds