CHESTNUTHILL TWP.,, Pa. - The coroner has identified the victim of an accident Friday morning in Monroe County.
The crash happened around 8 a.m. at Route 715 and Effort-Neola Road, near Brodheadsville, in Chestnuthill Township.
Michal Kobylinski, the driver of the car, died at the scene, according to Bob Allen, Monroe County's coroner.
Kobylinski, 20, of Stroudsburg, was driving north on Route 715 when he went into the southbound lane, over-corrected, went up an embankment and wrapped the car around a tree, Allen said.
The death was ruled an accident.
Kobylinski's front seat passenger was his cousin, 18-year-old Chris Szymanski, who was injured and taken to the hospital, but officials had no information about his condition.
State police in Fern Ridge are handling the investigation.
A preliminary hearing is scheduled Wednesday for a Schuylkill County man accused of leaving three children home alone, with one of them locked in a 'cage.'Read More »
- Stroudsburg church to begin 'organ' transplant
- PennEast Pipeline would fuel Blue Mountain expansion
- Bird mites cleared from Lehighton High School
- Tip from Facebook staff leads to arrest of East Stroudsburg man for child porn
- Leiby's reopens in Tamaqua
- Schuylkill mom says welfare officials okay with 'cage'
- Man suspected of robbing Forks Verizon store to stand trial
- Rain slows project, delays reopening of Route 724 in Cumru
- Updated Traffic stoppages on I-78 in Lehigh County will take place Wednesday
- Unofficial numbers in for Allentown race for mayor
- Police link man to trio of break-ins in five days
- Hawk Mountain bestows its highest honor on Jack Holcomb
- Clouds and some sun this afternoon
- 2 counselors overdose and die at Chester Co. halfway house
- Boutique at the Rink 2017 kicks off next Tuesday
- Environmental group to spend $130K in governor's race