HAMILTON TWP., Pa. - A husband and wife were found dead inside their Poconos home following an apparent homicide-suicide, according to Monroe County Coroner Bob Allen.
Micheal Buckley, 62, and Diana Buckley, 60, of the 2200 block of Ann Street in Hamilton Township, had been dead inside their home for weeks. They were found Friday after a family member requested state police conduct a welfare check.
Diana Buckley shot and killed her husband before turning the gun on herself, according to Allen.
Allen said the couple left behind a suicide note they apparently composed together.
"They've both had medical issues for a long time and felt like they couldn't go on any longer," Allen said, referring to information in suicide note.
Allen said the couple was dead inside the home for at least three weeks. Authorities found mail in the home's mail box postmarked as far back as Feb. 5.
A forensic autopsy is scheduled for Monday.
- PennEast Pipeline would fuel Blue Mountain expansion
- Bird mites cleared from Lehighton High School
- Tip from Facebook staff leads to arrest of East Stroudsburg man for child porn
- Leiby's reopens in Tamaqua
- Schuylkill mom says welfare officials okay with 'cage'
- Truck goes off cliff, lands on railroad tracks
- Updated Colonial Regional, Bath could negotiate contracted services pact
- Updated Schuylkill Valley HS breaks ground on athletic complex
- Updated Exeter Township moves forward with plans to change EMS service
- Going the distance: Local couple celebrates 2,700 rides on Dorney's "Steel Force"
- Rehearsal underway for 2017 Freddy's
- Crews assessing damage after car slams into restaurant
- DA criticizes state police investigation of shooting by troopers
- Stroudsburg church to begin 'organ' transplant
- PSU Berks, Penn State Health St. Joseph team up for new 'Launchbox'
- Police: Upper Saucon man shoots nephew, chases him on golf cart