HAMILTON TWP., Pa. - A husband and wife were found dead inside their Poconos home following an apparent homicide-suicide, according to Monroe County Coroner Bob Allen.
Micheal Buckley, 62, and Diana Buckley, 60, of the 2200 block of Ann Street in Hamilton Township, had been dead inside their home for weeks. They were found Friday after a family member requested state police conduct a welfare check.
Diana Buckley shot and killed her husband before turning the gun on herself, according to Allen.
Allen said the couple left behind a suicide note they apparently composed together.
"They've both had medical issues for a long time and felt like they couldn't go on any longer," Allen said, referring to information in suicide note.
Allen said the couple was dead inside the home for at least three weeks. Authorities found mail in the home's mail box postmarked as far back as Feb. 5.
A forensic autopsy is scheduled for Monday.
The National Park Service will be closing River Road in Middle Smithfield Township between park headquarters and Hialeah Picnic Area to protect migrating amphibians.Read More »
- 6 charged in connection with alleged gang slaying
- Mother charged after concealing death of baby
- Saylorsburg man faces DUI charge, child was in car
- Immigration officials detain alleged undocumented immigrants in Poconos
- PennDOT cracking down on 'Graffiti Highway' trespassing
- Police seize weapons from home of Horvath's father-in-law
- Updated Public memorial service planned for Al Boscov
- Updated Man shot, killed by Reading police after allegedly pointing shotgun at officers
- Police investigating morning shooting in Reading
- Warm and breezy today with strong to severe t-storms this afternoon
- Police searching for missing man in Bethlehem
- Bethlehem police searching for missing elderly man
- Judge: Man charged in deadly stabbing will remain jailed
- Police work to bring back murder suspect who fled state with 6-year-old daughter
- Police: Driver owes nearly $13,000 in unpaid tolls, fees
- Motorists seeing slightly lower gas prices in New Jersey