POTTSVILLE, Pa. - A coroner's inquest has been scheduled to determine the cause of death of Matthew Koncseler, a Schuylkill County Prison inmate who died in March 2013.
The purpose of the inquest is to determine if the man's death was caused by a criminal act or negligence.
The inquest tentatively has been scheduled for 1 p.m. March 19, said Atty. John Fegley of the Schuylkill County district attorney's office
A six-member jury was selected Friday for the inquest.
Fegley said it will be the first coroner's inquest in many years in the county.
Firefighters battled a three-alarm fire in Schuylkill County Wednesday.Read More »
- Convicted cop killer Eric Frein sentenced to death
- Minersville fire damages multiple homes
- Eric Frein sentenced to death
- Officials warn of 'Narcan parties'
- Closing arguments end in penalty phase of police ambush killer
- Eric Frein laughed about selling story in recorded phone call
- Updated Convicted cop killer Eric Frein sentenced to death
- Updated Robbery suspect may be linked to other holdups, police say
- NFL Draft kicks off in Philadelphia
- Updated Arts Around Town: Allentown JazzFest joins with Allentown Art Museum in diverse programming
- Updated Possible lethal batch of heroin leads to 6 overdoses, 1 deadly in Easton
- Clouds and some sunshine today as a big-time warm-up gets underway
- Updated Tractor trailer catches fire at Rt. 22 and Schoenersville Rd. in Bethlehem
- Ex-Penn St officials to be sentenced in June over Sandusky
- Allentown police arrest 3 for passing fake checks
- Updated Police: Suspect in killing of Delaware trooper shot dead