SMITHFIELD TWP., Pa. - Officials say Pennsylvania State Troopers escaped injury after two tractor trailers crashed in Monroe County.
Police were responding to a disabled vehicle on Interstate-80 in Smithfield Township just after midnight on Monday.
Officials say a tractor trailer was attempting to merge onto the highway behind the State Police cruiser when it collided with another tractor trailer, narrowly missing the Troopers.
No one was hurt, but I-80 was shut down for more than two hours while crews cleaned up the mess.
Authorities in Schuylkill County said they are investigating the suspicious death of a man that was reported after a concerned friend discovered his body.Read More »
- 2 people killed in fiery crash on I-81 in Schuylkill County
- Man charged in Palmerton driveway paving scam
- Schuylkill man to appear in court; accused of leaving 3 young children alone, 1 in 'cage'
- Stroudsburg church to begin 'organ' transplant
- PennEast Pipeline would fuel Blue Mountain expansion
- Bird mites cleared from Lehighton High School
- 15 years has gone by fast for Freddy Awards
- Frackville police investigating man's 'suspicious' death
- Boyertown looks to enhance privacy in restrooms, locker rooms
- Jose Rosado and the Allentown School District at odds over book
- VFW Awareness Day at Catasauqua school
- Pennsylvania mushroom farms face labor shortage
- UGI Energy Services presents scholarship to Berks foundation
- UGI Defends Proposed Bethlehem Gas Storage Tank Proposal
- Veterans highlight issues faced by those returning from war
- Pa. court tightens rules for seizing properties tied to crime