WEST BRUNSWICK TWP., Pa. - Authorities in Schuylkill County are investigating a crash that killed one young girl and seriously injured another.
The accident happened around 11:30 a.m. Sunday as Victoria Place was pulling out of the Faith Church parking lot on Route 61 in West Brunswick Township and was hit by another car, police said.
A 3-year-old girl and a 6-year-old girl in Place's car were flown to Lehigh Valley Hospital near Allentown, where officials said the 6-year-old died a short time later. A condition of the 3-year-old girl was unavailable.
Place, 27, of Minersville, and the driver of the other car -- a 17-year-old boy from Schuylkill Haven -- were also taken to a hospital, but officials had no information about the extent of their injuries.
Route 61 South was closed for nearly five hours while police reconstructed the accident.
- PennEast Pipeline would fuel Blue Mountain expansion
- Bird mites cleared from Lehighton High School
- Tip from Facebook staff leads to arrest of East Stroudsburg man for child porn
- Leiby's reopens in Tamaqua
- Schuylkill mom says welfare officials okay with 'cage'
- Truck goes off cliff, lands on railroad tracks
- Updated New Jersey resident finds severed foot and partial ankle in sneaker
- DA criticizes state police investigation of shooting by troopers
- Updated Going the distance: Local couple celebrates 2,700 rides on Dorney's "Steel Force"
- 3 white men, 2 white women seated for Cosby jury
- Pershing Square reduces holding in Air Products
- Updated Rehearsal underway for 2017 Freddy's
- Crews assessing damage after car slams into restaurant
- Stroudsburg church to begin 'organ' transplant
- PSU Berks, Penn State Health St. Joseph team up for new 'Launchbox'
- Police: Upper Saucon man shoots nephew, chases him on golf cart