WEST BRUNSWICK TWP., Pa. - Authorities in Schuylkill County are investigating a crash that killed one young girl and seriously injured another.
The accident happened around 11:30 a.m. Sunday as Victoria Place was pulling out of the Faith Church parking lot on Route 61 in West Brunswick Township and was hit by another car, police said.
A 3-year-old girl and a 6-year-old girl in Place's car were flown to Lehigh Valley Hospital near Allentown, where officials said the 6-year-old died a short time later. A condition of the 3-year-old girl was unavailable.
Place, 27, of Minersville, and the driver of the other car -- a 17-year-old boy from Schuylkill Haven -- were also taken to a hospital, but officials had no information about the extent of their injuries.
Route 61 South was closed for nearly five hours while police reconstructed the accident.
One day after the Trump administration unveiled new immigration enforcement policies, police and federal agents were on the move in the Poconos.Read More »
- PennDOT cracking down on 'Graffiti Highway' trespassing
- Police seize weapons from home of Horvath's father-in-law
- Police: Mom caught with meth, heroin, marijuana
- 3 accused of stealing $1,700 in merchandise from Mahoning Walmart
- 2 killed in Paradise Twp. motorcycle crash
- Ex-police chief faces criminal charges in Schuylkill County
- Jacob Sullivan, man accused of murdering Grace Packer, waives preliminary hearing
- Man stabs wife, daughter-in-law in car in Allentown
- Immigration officials detain alleged undocumented immigrants in Poconos
- New Easton adopts 20-year comprehensive plan
- New Reading parents vent frustrations regarding safety in schools
- Quakertown man sentenced for defrauding fraternities, sororities at Lehigh University
- Meet two ambassadors who are truly amazing
- Rep. Leonard Lance Town Hall gets loud
- U.S. News & World Report rank Allentown in top 100 best places to live
- Supporters, protesters line up hours ahead of N.J. congressman's town hall