TOBYHANNA TWP., Pa. - One man was rescued from a mobile home fire Monday night in Tobyhanna Township, Monroe County.
According to crews on scene, a helicopter was called to the scene to transport the rescued man to the hospital, but due to the stormy weather, the helicopter could not fly, so the man was instead driven by ambulance to Geisinger Hospital in Wilkes-Barre.
The fire, located at Campstead Circle and Fern Crest Road off of Route 115, started at around 7:30 p.m.
Crews cleared the scene around 10:20 p.m.
The National Park Service will be closing River Road in Middle Smithfield Township between park headquarters and Hialeah Picnic Area to protect migrating amphibians.Read More »
- 6 charged in connection with alleged gang slaying
- Mother charged after concealing death of baby
- Saylorsburg man faces DUI charge, child was in car
- Immigration officials detain alleged undocumented immigrants in Poconos
- PennDOT cracking down on 'Graffiti Highway' trespassing
- Police seize weapons from home of Horvath's father-in-law
- Updated Palmer Twp. shooting suspect charged with criminal homicide
- FBI subpoenas Reading for documents from previous administration
- Missing 6-year-old Connecticut girl found in Pennsylvania
- Judge: Only 1 Cosby accuser can testify at sex assault trial
- Near record warmth again today
- Updated Giant launches 'Bag Hunger' campaign with one-day give
- Jackpot-winning Cash 5 lottery ticket sold in Berks
- 'Berks County Time Train' to air 200th episode
- Updated Police nab pair advertising pot sales online
- State police reveal cost of local police coverage: $600M