KUNKLETOWN, Pa. - Authorities in Monroe County say a business owner failed to deliver the goods on $28,000 of paid orders.
The owner of Crown Food Carts, 34-year-old Robert Scifo Junior, is facing felony theft charges.
Prosecutors say the Kunkletown man collected more than $28,000 from six customers without delivering the products or services he promised.
The DA says Scifo solicited customers from his Crown Food Carts website, which advertises the sale of custom food trailers, food cart accessories and concession equipment.
According to the affidavit, an individual claiming to be Sean Plete represented Crown Food Carts. However, every victim stated at some point in their dealings with "Sean" they learned that "Sean" was actually Robert Scifo.
During the investigation, officials asked Scifo who Sean Plete was. He responded by saying Plete was his brother and 'they had a falling out over the business several months ago and no longer communicated.'
Pennsylvania public records failed to locate a Sean Plete, according to the affidavit.
Scifo's preliminary hearing is scheduled for Nov. 27.
Police say Diane Probst, 51, of Sugarloaf, was shot by her husband Steven Probst, 62, around 8 p.m. Tuesday at the Shenandoah Fish & Game Protective Association.Read More »
- Man's arm grievously wounded in workplace accident
- Man opens fire during bingo night at Schuylkill County bar
- One Tank Trip: Pocono Indian Museum
- Verdict reached in fraternity hazing death trial in Monroe County
- Man charged in shooting at Schuylkill County bar
- Police: Man attempts to rob Dollar General with note
- The season of giving kicks off at one Whitehall home
- Black Friday shoppers rush Target for door buster deals
- Woman shot in Schuylkill County club dies from wounds
- Italian guests celebrate Thanksgiving in Bethlehem
- Retail stores fight the rise of online shopping
- From Turkey to the toy store
- Atypical Thanksgiving traditions abound in the Lehigh Valley
- Camping and dancing for deals in Whitehall
- Person wounded by gunfire in northwest Reading
- Health Beat: Isolated limb infusion saves mom, baby