At Thursday night's Pleasant valley School Board meeting, a Monroe County District Attorney investigator read a statement saying past and present members of the administration are under investigation.
"The conduct alleged may involve criminal violations of bribery in official and political matters, threats and improper influence in official and political matters, retaliation for past official action, official oppression and violations of the Pennsylvania wiretap act."
District officials say the investigation is nothing new and that they are cooperating fully.
Superintendent David Piperato issued his own statement chiding the DA's announcement.
"We were disappointed that the District Attorney's office decided to make the statement during a school board meeting, especially on a night in which we recognized school board members with presentations by many students from kindergarten through high school."
Piperato says the district is also conducting an investigation.
So far, only one person has been charged in the grand jury investigation that dates back to 2010.
Earlier Friday, Joshua Krebs, the director of support staff, waived his preliminary hearing on charges that he illegally recorded fellow employees.
The charges stem from an April 2016 incident where Krebs allegedly used a camera to record video and audio in the employee break room.
Court documents say Krebs wanted to record a janitorial worker who Krebs believed was derelict in his duties.
The detective's statement says anyone with information related to these matters should call the DA's office.
The grand jury did recommend charges against another employee who knew about the camera, but so far no one else has been charged.
Pro-gun church explains AR-15 marriage ceremony.Read More »
- New Jim-Thorpe one-dollar coins selling out fast
- Some Poconos students to relocate Wednesday due to blessing ceremony featuring AR-15s
- Pair charged in numerous robberies, thefts at Walmart stores
- Monroe County teenager dies from flu complications
- AR-15 rifles to accompany church's blessing ceremony
- 2 more facing charges in relation to ESU stabbing
- Updated Indivisible Berks Holds Rally in Support of Unions in Preparation of Major Supreme Court Case
- Updated Wallenpaupack School District responds to nearby church ceremony involving AR-15 rifles
- Man arrested for robbing Allentown Domino's at gunpoint
- Former Reading mayor Spencer's trial delayed
- Murphy promises gun control, but for now reviews policies
- Millions of BB&T customers affected by outage
- Joe Paterno movie coming to HBO
- Man arrested for domestic violence assault in Fleetwood
- Degas painting missing for 9 years found outside Paris
- Florida governor speaks out on Parkland shooting