BYLTHE TWP., Pa. - The gruesome discovery of a dead body in the woods in Schuylkill County has led to homicide charges being filed against a Saint Clair man.
Ethan Sullivan, 20, is facing criminal homicide and a slew of other charges after he allegedly killed 22-year-old Jason "Jay" Hahn of the Tamaqua area.
Police said Hahn's body was discovered around 5 p.m. Saturday in a wooded area off Silver Creek Road in Blythe Township.
Early Sunday morning, Sullivan was charged with criminal homicide, aggravated assault, robbery, simple assault, theft by unlawful taking and recklessly endangering another person. He is currently being held at the Schuylkill County Prison.
A news release issued by state police early Sunday morning did not elaborate on the circumstances surrounding the homicide or a possible motive.
Stay with 69 News and WFMZ.com for more on this developing story.
Police said the suspicious death of a man found in his Schuylkill County home earlier this week has been ruled a homicide.Read More »
- Alpine Mountain Ski area sold
- Frackville police investigating man's 'suspicious' death
- 2 people killed in fiery crash on I-81 in Schuylkill County
- Man charged in Palmerton driveway paving scam
- Schuylkill man to appear in court; accused of leaving 3 young children alone, 1 in 'cage'
- Stroudsburg church to begin 'organ' transplant
- Coroner identifies man found dead in Schuylkill River
- Man's 'suspicious' death in Frackville ruled a homicide
- Artvana could take the place of former Mayfair Festival
- Former Phillies pitcher Jim Bunning Passes Away at 85
- Holiday travelers will encounter rising prices at the pump
- Summer recipes on the grill
- Gregg Allman of the Allman Brothers Band Dies at Age 69
- World War II veteran discusses issues faced by those returning from war
- 75-year-old man dies days after crash on Route 22
- Memorial honors Lehigh Valley veteran