BYLTHE TWP., Pa. - The gruesome discovery of a dead body in the woods in Schuylkill County has led to homicide charges being filed against a Saint Clair man.
Ethan Sullivan, 20, is facing criminal homicide and a slew of other charges after he allegedly killed 22-year-old Jason "Jay" Hahn of the Tamaqua area.
Police said Hahn's body was discovered around 5 p.m. Saturday in a wooded area off Silver Creek Road in Blythe Township.
Early Sunday morning, Sullivan was charged with criminal homicide, aggravated assault, robbery, simple assault, theft by unlawful taking and recklessly endangering another person. He is currently being held at the Schuylkill County Prison.
A news release issued by state police early Sunday morning did not elaborate on the circumstances surrounding the homicide or a possible motive.
Stay with 69 News and WFMZ.com for more on this developing story.
The National Park Service will be closing River Road in Middle Smithfield Township between park headquarters and Hialeah Picnic Area to protect migrating amphibians.Read More »
- 6 charged in connection with alleged gang slaying
- Mother charged after concealing death of baby
- Saylorsburg man faces DUI charge, child was in car
- Immigration officials detain alleged undocumented immigrants in Poconos
- PennDOT cracking down on 'Graffiti Highway' trespassing
- Police seize weapons from home of Horvath's father-in-law
- Strong storms, winds leave damage across the region
- Windy and much cooler today, but seasonable for late February
- Pink slips may await some Pennsylvania public universities
- Lehigh Valley Heart Ball raises money for American Heart Association
- 'Light the Way' celebration recognizes trailblazers in the community
- Man shot, killed by Reading police after allegedly pointing shotgun at officers
- PHOTOS: Strong storms, winds leave damage across the region
- N.J. Rep. Leonard Lance holds second town hall meeting
- Local vineyard owners wary of warm weather
- Strong storms move through the region