Monroe County prosecutors are seeking the death penalty in a murder case that stretches to the Carolinas.
Prosecutors are seeking the penalty against Rico Herbert.
He's charged with killing Joseph DeVivo, 87, of Stroud Township.
DeVivo went missing in February.
Police say Herbert was found driving DeVivo's car in North Carolina.
DeVivo's body was later found in South Carolina.
Investigators say Herbert may have targeted DeVivo because of information he got from someone else but that person still hasn't been identified.
State police say a Schuylkill County district magisterial judge has been the target of online threats.Read More »
- Child sex abuse trial of former councilman gets underway
- Reproduction of mural fills void of original in Lehighton
- East Stroudsburg needs $1.8 million for dam repairs
- NPS to close River Rd. in Middle Smithfield to protect migrating amphibians
- 6 charged in connection with alleged gang slaying
- Mother charged after concealing death of baby
- Updated Man fatally shot in parking lot in downtown Reading
- Updated Record-challenging warmth again today with strong, heavy thunderstorms possible
- Fire tears through Easton home
- Updated Fallen branch briefly knocks out power in Birdsboro, Amity
- Record challenging warmth again today with strong, heavy thunderstorms possible
- Caught on camera: Powerful storm hits hardware store
- Ex-Trump delegate from Pennsylvania to run for US Senate
- Updated Crews called to rollover crash on I-78
- Updated Muhlenberg man killed in crash on Route 61
- Man rear-ends Salisbury Twp. police car on I-78, drives away