Monroe County prosecutors are seeking the death penalty in a murder case that stretches to the Carolinas.
Prosecutors are seeking the penalty against Rico Herbert.
He's charged with killing Joseph DeVivo, 87, of Stroud Township.
DeVivo went missing in February.
Police say Herbert was found driving DeVivo's car in North Carolina.
DeVivo's body was later found in South Carolina.
Investigators say Herbert may have targeted DeVivo because of information he got from someone else but that person still hasn't been identified.
- Walker Twp. man arrested for firing gun near neighbor's family gathering
- Monroe County farm holds annual Farm Animal Frolic
- Man's 'suspicious' death in Frackville ruled a homicide
- Alpine Mountain Ski area sold
- Frackville police investigating man's 'suspicious' death
- 2 people killed in fiery crash on I-81 in Schuylkill County
- Mourners deliver flowers in memory of Ernie the giraffe
- How you can help an Allen HS senior in the fight of his life
- Memorial Day services across Berks County
- Updated One year later, police seek answers in Chester Co. woman's death
- Freedom High student walks 22 miles for veterans
- Coroner called to crash in Lower Towamensing Twp.
- Visitors celebrate at Dorney Park despite rainy weather
- A place of healing for veterans
- Walking a mile in their shoes
- Weather stops big guest at Pottstown Memorial Day parade