After the last Schuylkill County clerk of courts resigned amid scandal, one party says it knows who's right for the job.
County Democratic leaders are recommending attorney Thomas Campion Junior be appointed to the spot, which was left empty when Stephen Lukach resigned last week.
Lukach is under investigation for allegedly misappropriating county funds but has not been charged with anything.
In the meantime, former deputy clerk Paul Steffanic has taken over the position.
- Pocono Mountain Regional Police bid farewell to K9 Niko
- Search continues for man accused of beating dad to death
- Police searching for man accused of killing father in Schuylkill
- PSP: Gary Marchalk was killed by his son, Michael Marchalk
- FBI offers $15k reward in serial bank robberies
- Police investigate death of Schuylkill County official's estranged husband
- Coroner called to crash on Route 309 in Lynn Twp.
- Updated Christie's push for opioid cash from insurer hits roadblock
- Updated Muggy and unsettled with showers and a t-storm today
- Updated BARTA approves bus route, schedule changes
- Updated Convicted sex offender twice violated sentence by contacting victim
- Easton police arrest man on drug charges
- Sunrise Chef: Whole Foods
- Updated Racers take to track at Ultimate RC Pitstop
- Life Lessons: Men and depression
- Man hit by vehicle in Mahoning, taken to hospital