After the last Schuylkill County clerk of courts resigned amid scandal, one party says it knows who's right for the job.
County Democratic leaders are recommending attorney Thomas Campion Junior be appointed to the spot, which was left empty when Stephen Lukach resigned last week.
Lukach is under investigation for allegedly misappropriating county funds but has not been charged with anything.
In the meantime, former deputy clerk Paul Steffanic has taken over the position.
A Hamburg man is behind bars on a long list of charges for allegedly stealing a car and leading police on a high-speed chase through parts of two counties.Read More »
- Fmr CIA Director reportedly accused Michael Flynn of working to oust Fetullah Gulen
- Blakeslee woman killed in Hamilton Twp. crash
- I-80 West reopens after tractor trailer overturns in Monroe Count
- Main jury picked in trial of barracks shooting suspect
- 4 Pennsylvania GOP congressmen now oppose health care bill
- Stroudsburg teacher negotiations continue
- Martin Tower remediation discussed
- BASD officials respond to accusations
- Red Knight fever reaches city council; parade in the works
- Ex-church official due in court as lawyers plan for retrial
- Police investigating Route 562 crash in Exeter
- Some fog this morning and periods of rain today
- Reading Area Water Authority forensic audit to be released
- Ron Angle returns for third stint on Bangor Area School Board
- Life Lessons: Social media: Fire your boss?
- Allentown man hits trifecta facing DUI, drug and assault charges