POTTSVILLE, Pa. - Add Dick Yuengling to the list of billionaires in Pennsylvania. Forbes reports Yuengling is worth $1.3 billion!
Yuengling is the fifth-generation owner of America's oldest operating brewery in Pottsville, Schuylkill Co.
Yuengling is the sole owner of the brewery that bears his family's name and has vowed never to sell it.
The 69-year-old father of four has been the sole owner since he bought out his father in 1985. The brewery was started in 1829 by Yuengling's great-great- grandfather.
The brewery sells more than 2.5 million barrels of beer a year, pulling in hundreds of millions of dollars in revenue.
- Hotel tax feud continues between Carbon County, Poconos marketing campaign
- Tower City man killed in one-vehicle wreck, police say
- Fire destroys home in Ross Township
- Yuengling Brewery donates $50K to support hurricane relief
- ESU and Milton Hershey School announce partnership
- Police: Man accidentally shoots self in leg outside Walmart
- Updated Authorities ID bicyclist killed in Berks County wreck
- Unseasonably warm and humid through the weekend
- Updated Allentown residents voice concerns about expanded student housing
- Life Lessons: 5 mistakes that keep you from getting a raise
- Sentencing set for man convicted in sex assault of 'gifted' girls
- Berks County wreck involving car, bicycle fatal
- Easton teachers' union president hopes to boost parent communications
- Phillipsburg municipal raises pushed back after abrupt adjournment
- School choice forum held in Reading
- Cumru Township officials approve plan for Route 724 Sheetz