MIDDLE SMITHFIELD TWP., Pa. - In Monroe County, a woman is facing charges for hitting two state troopers and resisting arrest.
State police said they were called to the Pocono Palace in Middle Smithfield Township around 2:30 a.m. Sunday for a female yelling for help from the woods.
Police said two troopers found the "highly intoxicated" woman passed out underneath a large pine tree nearby.
When troopers were investigating, the woman, Jessica Portera, became agitated, started striking the troopers and resisted arrest, according to a police report.
Portera was arrested and charged with aggravated assault on law enforcement.
She is being held in Monroe County Prison.
Pennsylvania State Police in Stroudsburg have made an arrest in a homicide in the Poconos.Read More »
- Pocono doctor picked to work as translator at Olympics
- Lehigh County coroner looking for next of kin
- Several service events to honor Martin Luther King Jr. Day
- Neighbors shaken after murder suicide in Tobyhanna
- Man, teenage girl fatally shot in apparent murder-suicide
- Rain, wind cause downed trees, wires across region
- Updated Periods of snow through early Wednesday: 3-6 inches north, 1-3 inches south
- Updated Double homicide investigation leads to arrest in Poconos
- Updated Police: Whitehall man arrested for punching Philly police horse
- Wreck closes eastbound I-78 in Berks County
- Bethlehem Township preparing to oppose PennEast Pipeline
- Emmaus unhappy with trash hauler
- Muhlenberg Township appoints school liaison
- Animal shelters working to cope with surge in cats
- First responders readying for snowfall
- Flu hitting Berks early and hard