EAST STROUDSBURG, Pa. - Pie after pie, customers picking up arms full of pizza and it's an important day for customers to buy.
"Today we are having a fundraiser where we will be donating 100 percent of the sales to the LaBar family," said Woody Hermey, the Director of Operations at Domino's in East Stroudsburg.
Richard LaBar was delivering a pizza for this Domino's location in East Stroudsburg last Monday when he was shot in the face around 1:30 a.m. just outside the ROTC building on East Stroudsburg University's campus.
Authorities said the order was fake.
According to officials, it was a way to rob Richard of the cash he was carrying.
"It was a real tragedy. It has taken all of us by shock" Hermey said.
LaBar died Tuesday night at Lehigh Valley Hospital Cedar Crest.
"Team members here have really taking it hard," Hermey said. "This is actually the first day that we have had any smiles in the restaurant in the last week."
He said giving back to LaBar's family is a small way to help employees cope with the loss of a good team member and friend.
A 34-year-old man was found in possession of approximately 180 bags of suspected heroin, 16 grams of cocaine and numerous keys for a local hotel, according to the Monroe County District Attorney's office.Read More »
- Street gang believed to be involved in ESU stabbing
- Safety bill requires metal detectors, armed guards in schools
- Fmr. Stroudsburg area coach sentenced for sexual abuse
- 3 arrested in stabbing of East Stroudsburg student
- Blakeslee woman killed in Rt. 115 head-on collision
- Route 115 reopens after fatal crash
- Allentown Council delays vote on Pawlowski picks, gets malware brief
- Two injured in Allentown hit and run
- LCCC closes all campuses due to security threat
- Bank robbed, pair of Wilson schools put on lockdown
- Local students rally for change after Florida school shooting
- Easton schools security paramount issue
- Phillipsburg municipal lot fees still unchanged
- Allentown residents enthusiastic about new school
- Bethlehem amending its zoning laws
- "Time to put up or shut up"