POTTSVILLE, Pa. - A man who died following an altercation inside a nursing home in Schuylkill County died of natural causes, the coroner said Friday.
State police had been investigating the death of Fred John Govern, who suffered minor head and facial pain and abrasions to both arms in an altercation with another resident inside the Pinebrook Personal Care and Retirement Center in West Brunswick Township, Schuylkill County, near Orwigsburg, on March 17.
Govern, 92, was transported to the Schuylkill Medical Center in Pottsville for treatment, but police said he suffered cardiac arrest and died before his release.
A preliminary hearing is scheduled Wednesday for a Schuylkill County man accused of leaving three children home alone, with one of them locked in a 'cage.'Read More »
- Stroudsburg church to begin 'organ' transplant
- PennEast Pipeline would fuel Blue Mountain expansion
- Bird mites cleared from Lehighton High School
- Tip from Facebook staff leads to arrest of East Stroudsburg man for child porn
- Leiby's reopens in Tamaqua
- Schuylkill mom says welfare officials okay with 'cage'
- Cosby arrives for Day 3 of jury selection
- Updated Man suspected of robbing Forks Verizon store to stand trial
- Updated 2 counselors overdose and die at Chester Co. halfway house
- Updated Clouds and some sun this afternoon
- Updated Rain slows project, delays reopening of Route 724 in Cumru
- Boutique at the Rink 2017 kicks off next Tuesday
- Environmental group to spend $130K in governor's race
- Life Lessons: Wisdom Wednesday: Finding your authentic self
- Schuylkill man to appear in court; accused of leaving 3 young children alone, 1 in 'cage'
- Bethel-Tulpehocken Library anticipates major renovations