MONROE COUNTY, Pa. - East Stroudsburg University is announced a formal partnership with Milton Hershey School, according to a news release from the university.
The new agreement with Milton Hershey is to provide "focused and sustained support to low-income, first generation college students from the school."
Dean of Student Life at ESU, Cornelia Sewell-Allen and Vice President of Graduate Programs for Success at MHS, Tanya Barton, signed a Memorandum of Understanding Sept. 15 at 2 p.m.
The memorandum gives "MHS students the tools and structured support needed to succeed in college and beyond," the release states.
The signing took place in Lower Dansbury, at the corner of South Green and Normal Streets.
Police found a couple stabbed to death in their home in Monroe County. Now one of the victim's nephew is behind bars facing homicide charges.Read More »
- Nephew charged in aunt, uncle's stabbing deaths
- Double homicide investigation leads to arrest in Poconos
- Pocono doctor picked to work as translator at Olympics
- Lehigh County coroner looking for next of kin
- Several service events to honor Martin Luther King Jr. Day
- Neighbors shaken after murder suicide in Tobyhanna
- Updated Steadier snow develops overnight leads to messy morning commute
- Jury selected for Allentown Mayor Pawlowski's trial
- Reading police seek persons of interest in fatal shooting
- Updated Two injured in head-on crash
- PennDOT wants drivers to cooperate, let crews do their job
- Berks steak brand lands coveted Twitter verification
- Embattled lawmaker to seek 22nd, last term in Pa. House
- Brandywine Heights only Berks district to open Tuesday
- Snow-sledding a first for Florida sisters visiting Berks
- Man goes to movies after allegedly killing Pocono Twp. couple