Poconos Coal

Family escapes house fire in Carbon County

Man hospitalized for treatment of smoke inhalation

Family escapes house fire

LANSFORD, Pa. - A family managed to escape its burning home in Carbon County late Tuesday night.

The fire broke out around 11 p.m. at 254 E. Abbott St. in Lansford.

A crew at the scene said a family of five managed to escape the flames, but one man was hospitalized with smoke inhalation.

Investigators have not determined what sparked the fire.

The Red Cross provided the family of two adults and three children with lodging, food, and clothing.


DISCLAIMER FOR COMMENTS: The views expressed by public comments are not those of this company or its affiliated companies. Please note by clicking on "Post" you acknowledge that you have read the TERMS OF USE  and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Your comments may be used on air. Be polite. Inappropriate posts or posts containing offsite links may be removed by the moderator.

Allentown, PA 18102

40°F

Overcast

TONIGHT

31°F

  • %

This Week's Circulars

Top Stories

Latest from the newsroom

More from the Newsroom