RUSH TWP., Pa. - Officials confirm that one person died Wednesday night in a motorcycle accident in Schuylkill County.
The accident happened at 7:15 p.m. on Route 309/Claremont Avenue near Ye Old Hauto Road in the village of Hometown in Rush Township.
According to Rush Township Police, 38-year-old Brian C. Bittner of Barnesville was driving his Harley Davidson motorcycle north on Claremont Avenue when he crossed the double yellow lines and struck the rear driver side of a Chevrolet Impala going south on Claremont Avenue.
Bittner continued northbound and struck a parked car in the parking lot of Seitz Bros. in the unit block of Claremont Avenue.
He was pronounced dead at the scene.
No other injuries occurred in the accident.
The highway was shut down until 9:05 p.m.
A Schuylkill County man accused of beating his dad to death with a baseball bat on Father's Day has been apprehended at the Jersey shore.Read More »
- AG: Nearly 30K pills stolen by pharmacy assistant in Tamaqua
- Man hit by vehicle in Mahoning, taken to hospital
- Pocono Mountain Regional Police bid farewell to K9 Niko
- Search continues for man accused of beating dad to death
- Police searching for man accused of killing father in Schuylkill
- PSP: Gary Marchalk was killed by his son, Michael Marchalk
- Occasional rain, thunderstorm through mid-morning Saturday
- NJ attorney general joins multistate probe of drug makers
- Schuylkill man accused of killing dad busted on AC boardwalk
- Updated Skyline Drive reopens after wall work atop Mount Penn
- Updated Doctor, dog team up on 'Take Your Dog to Work Day'
- Updated Students learn ropes of law enforcement
- Updated Health Beat: Cochlear implants: How child learns language
- Man sentenced for fatal shooting of woman in Phillipsburg
- Suspect linked to Bethlehem homicide asks for release ahead of trial
- Pennsylvania Legislature eyes wider DNA sampling of convicts