RUSH TWP., Pa. - Officials confirm that one person died Wednesday night in a motorcycle accident in Schuylkill County.
The accident happened at 7:15 p.m. on Route 309/Claremont Avenue near Ye Old Hauto Road in the village of Hometown in Rush Township.
According to Rush Township Police, 38-year-old Brian C. Bittner of Barnesville was driving his Harley Davidson motorcycle north on Claremont Avenue when he crossed the double yellow lines and struck the rear driver side of a Chevrolet Impala going south on Claremont Avenue.
Bittner continued northbound and struck a parked car in the parking lot of Seitz Bros. in the unit block of Claremont Avenue.
He was pronounced dead at the scene.
No other injuries occurred in the accident.
The highway was shut down until 9:05 p.m.
- Former wrestling coach arraigned on 396 charges in Monroe County
- Former Carbon County vet gets probation
- Police: Burglars broke into home while resident was sleeping
- Butterbeer ice cream hitting shelves for Harry Potter fans
- PHOTOS: Crews respond to house fire in West Penn Township
- Crews respond to house fire in West Penn Township
- Phillipsburg 10-year-old saves grandfather's life with Heimlich maneuver
- Pedestrian reportedly struck by big rig in Berks County
- Police ID man sought after high-speed chase, crash in Berks
- Divers call off underwater search at Blue Marsh Lake
- Reading faithful line up for championship game tickets
- Community rallies to support Reading toddler's cancer battle
- Lehigh County detainee policy questioned
- Former Drinky's gets half a shot of what it wants from Easton City Council
- Warren Co. Freeholders pass 2017 budget with no tax increase
- Reading mother disgruntled over elementary school safety concerns