The Northeast Extension of the Pennsylvania Turnpike in Carbon County has re-opened after an early-morning fatal crash.
Pennsylvania State Police report that the crash occurred about 3:30 a.m. Thursday in the northbound lanes of the turnpike in Penn Forest Township between the Mahoning Valley and Route 903 exits.
The wreck involved a tractor trailer and a car. There is no word yet on how many people are hurt or what may have caused the crash.
The turnpike re-opened sometime before 7 a.m.
If you've been to the Target in Stroudsburg, chances are, you've met Ian.Read More »
- FERC approves PennEast pipeline project
- $2.4 million invested into airport upgrades
- Dick's to expand hours, offer championship gear if Eagles win
- Local corporations raise funds with United Way campaign
- New distribution center in Tobyhanna Twp. to create 80 jobs
- Police: Winery owners unlawfully recorded customers, employees
- Man killed in fatal fire in Bethlehem Twp. ID'd
- Coroner ID's man killed in Allentown crash
- Dorney Park makes Eagles bet with Minnesota's Valleyfair Park
- History's Headlines: Man of Steel
- Firefighters battle fatal fire in Bethlehem Twp.
- Exeter Township police unveil new traffic enforcement unit
- Football excitement reaches fever pitch in Berks County
- Federal prosecutor previews trial of Mayor Ed Pawlowski
- Diehard Eagles fan's friends were on target with this surprise
- East Greenville tables discussion of disbanding police department