KIDDER TWP., Pa. - A Carbon County man is facing charges of producing and possessing child pornography, according to the FBI.
Todd Kowar, 24, of Kidder Township, was indicted by a federal grand jury Tuesday for allegedly persuading a minor to perform sexual acts for the purpose of producing images of the acts. These crimes allegedly occurred between 2008 and December 2012.
The FBI, Pennsylvania State Police and Kidder Township Police investigated this case, which was brought to the jury as part of Project Safe Childhood, a nationwide initiative of the Department of Justice.
The production of child pornography charge carries a 15 years minimum and 30 years maximum prison sentence. The possession of child pornography charge has a 10 year maximum prison sentence.
- Man charged in Palmerton driveway paving scam
- Schuylkill man to appear in court; accused of leaving 3 young children alone, 1 in 'cage'
- Stroudsburg church to begin 'organ' transplant
- PennEast Pipeline would fuel Blue Mountain expansion
- Bird mites cleared from Lehighton High School
- Tip from Facebook staff leads to arrest of East Stroudsburg man for child porn
- Governor Wolf plans to sign Real ID law
- 2 dead in I-81 fatal crash in Schuylkill County
- Mural appears on Quaker Maid plant on Rte.10 in Reading
- Lower Nazareth Board of Supervisors passes medical marijuana ordinance
- Allentown rotary fountain receives Lehigh County OK
- Warren County Freeholders call a meeting of mayors
- Easton City Council tables action on Billy's Diner lease agreement
- Allentown program teaching kids valuable skills
- Last night for rehearsals before the 2017 Freddy's
- Oley Valley High School student killed in Ruscombmanor Twp. wreck