SCHUYLKILL COUNTY, Pa. - Wednesday FBI agents searched the office of a Schuylkill County official under investigation.
County Clerk of Courts Stephen Lukach is being investigated for allegedly misappropriating county funds.
Lukach has not been charged yet.
Schuylkill County District Attorney Christine Holman was on hand Wednesday during the search and said she wasn't quite sure what crews would find..
"Any type of irregularity, that I've been kind of using as a kind word, that is in plain view, is eligible to be seized," said Christine Holman, the Schuylkill County District Attorney.
Lukach has been in office for nearly three decades and is expected to resign from his position Thursday.
Eric Frein has been convicted of multiple charges, including the killing of a state trooper in an ambush attack.Read More »
- Eric Frein's strategy to avoid death: Blame Dad
- Fire guts attached garage, damages home in Rush Twp.
- Woman killed in 1-car crash going 120 mph
- Defense begins to present its case in Eric Frein trial penalty phase
- Fallen trooper's wife gives emotional testimony in trial
- Penalty phase starts in Eric Frein trial
- Trial begins for accused getaway driver in 2015 killing spree
- Eric Frein sentencing continues Monday, focus shifts to Frein's father
- Updated Small earthquake rattles parts of Pennsylvania
- Updated Mango tells Republicans he'll seek gubernatorial nomination
- Updated Police arrest third man allegedly tied to drug deal assault
- Updated Mostly cloudy with a bit of rain this afternoon; rain continues through early Wednesday
- Street closures scheduled for downtown Allentown this week
- Pet owners learn animal CPR to help their furry friends
- Life Lessons: 3 Jars
- State police: 1 killed in crash with State Police vehicle