WALKER TWP., Pa. - Authorities are investigating a fire that destroyed part of a landmark turkey farm.
A plume of smoke could be seen for miles as numerous fire companies mobilized a tanker task force to contain a fire at Koch's Turkey Farms in Schuylkill County.
The fire broke out around 2:50 p.m. Saturday in one of the two-dozen buildings spaced closely together at the farm off of Route 443 in Walker Township.
The flames quickly spread throughout the building but firefighters were able to contain it to one structure.
We're told there were no animals in the building.
The state police fire marshal is investigating.
Wallenpaupack Area School District says it will move students from its south campus to its north campus, further away from Sanctuary Church in Newfoundland.Read More »
- Pair charged in numerous robberies, thefts at Walmart stores
- Monroe County teenager dies from flu complications
- AR-15 rifles to accompany church's blessing ceremony
- 2 more facing charges in relation to ESU stabbing
- Pennsylvania First Lady visits Palmerton area school
- Large bags banned from Cinemark movie theater
- Monster Jam revs and rocks the PPL this weekend
- Unsettled weather continues this weekend
- Millions of BB&T customers affected by outage
- Updated Some Poconos students relocating due to AR-15 blessing ceremony
- Former Reading mayor Spencer's trial delayed
- Parkland School District bus fleet hit by devastating fire
- Filmmaker Gershin Hinkson discusses Black Panther
- Penn State trustees approve Hershey Medical Center expansion
- Pottstown YMCA Early Learning Center to relocate
- Local gun store offers free class to LV school employees