SCHUYLKILL HAVEN, Pa. - Firefighters in Schuylkill County battled an early morning blaze that destroyed two homes.
The fire in the first block of East Liberty Street in Schuylkill Haven was reported shortly before 4 a.m. The fast-moving fire that destroyed two homes may have started at the rear of one of the houses, according to a freelance photojournalist on the scene.
Firefighters were able to safely rescue the residents, and no injuries were reported, according to the Schuylkill County communications center.
Fire crews were still on the scene about 6:30 a.m., but the fire was extinguished.
Pro-gun church explains AR-15 marriage ceremony.Read More »
- New Jim-Thorpe one-dollar coins selling out fast
- Some Poconos students to relocate Wednesday due to blessing ceremony featuring AR-15s
- Pair charged in numerous robberies, thefts at Walmart stores
- Monroe County teenager dies from flu complications
- AR-15 rifles to accompany church's blessing ceremony
- 2 more facing charges in relation to ESU stabbing
- Rain finally wraps up early this afternoon
- Updated Water main breaks in Reading, closes section of North Eighth Street
- Parkland schools to reopen Monday after bus garage fire
- Indivisible Berks Holds Rally in Support of Unions in Preparation of Major Supreme Court Case
- Updated Car crashes in Bucks County
- Fightin Phils Job Fair held at First Energy Stadium
- Broadway veteran launching children's chorus in Allentown
- Reading group hosts Black History Month celebration
- HUD awards Puerto Rico $1.5 billion for hurricane recovery efforts
- Dieruff students perform at a-capella festival