MINERSVILLE BOROUGH, Pa. - Cranes were busy Tuesday tearing down a building in Schuylkill County.
It's the first demolition project under a new $1 million state grant to get rid of blighted properties in the county.
This is the former American Legion building on East Sunbury Street in Minersville Borough.
The property will be used for a community park to honor the sacrifices of Pennsylvania's military veterans.
- East Stroudsburg Salvation Army needs a little help this year
- Thieves steal $100K from scrap metal company
- Pizza delivery driver shot in East Stroudsburg dies
- State Police: Trooper fires on man after he points weapon
- Neighbors of shooting victim 'devastated' by pizza delivery incident
- Pizza delivery driver ambushed, shot; 3 charged with attempted homicide
- Police: Armed man barricades himself inside Quakertown home
- Community comes together to support Lukens family
- Mother of fallen Berks serviceman speaks at Wreaths Across America
- Updated Allentown man charged in shooting of ex-girlfriend, her boyfriend
- 2 charged in Monroe burglaries
- PHOTOS: Ribbon cutting ceremony on Kenhorst Boulevard
- History's Headlines: Christmas constroversy
- Valley Forge Baptist Academy handbell choir performs Christmas classics
- Spirit of Giving: Allentown Rescue Mission
- Raszler defense attorney requests evidence from Horvath trial