MINERSVILLE BOROUGH, Pa. - Cranes were busy Tuesday tearing down a building in Schuylkill County.
It's the first demolition project under a new $1 million state grant to get rid of blighted properties in the county.
This is the former American Legion building on East Sunbury Street in Minersville Borough.
The property will be used for a community park to honor the sacrifices of Pennsylvania's military veterans.
The Panther Valley School District conducted regularly planned Red Alert lockdown drills Monday morning at all three of its buildings.Read More »
- Fmr. Lansford council president heads to Accelerated Rehabilitative Disposition
- ESU president apologizes to student stabbed on campus
- Panther Valley High School on lockdown
- Multiple crews battle large fire at former Trainers Inn in Carbon County
- Coroner called to crash in West Penn Township
- 66-year-old stabbed by juvenile, ruled a homicide
- Light wintry mix Tuesday, turning to steadier snow Wednesday
- Updated Berks couple charged after dead baby found inside apartment
- DA formulating plan to bring Esterly back to Pennsylvania
- Fire destroys garage in Weisenberg Township
- Wanted man arrested after allegedly firing shots from stolen gun
- Uninvited guest arrested after trippy visit to North Whitehall home
- Driver charged in Allentown hit-and-run
- Life Lessons: Drugstores: Deal or no deal?
- Updated Muhlenberg OKs several projects, including new McDonald's
- Per-phase fee payment benefits developers, township