KIDDER TWP., Pa. - Police say a fisherman from Schuylkill County drowned in the Lehigh River.
The body of 63-year-old Paul Oravec was recovered Thursday night.
Police say he was fishing in part of the river in Luzerne County, before being swept away.
His body was found in the waters along Kidder Township, Carbon County.
His death has been ruled accidental.
Visitors get to interact with the animals, including rides on the workhorses.Read More »
- Man's 'suspicious' death in Frackville ruled a homicide
- Alpine Mountain Ski area sold
- Frackville police investigating man's 'suspicious' death
- 2 people killed in fiery crash on I-81 in Schuylkill County
- Man charged in Palmerton driveway paving scam
- Schuylkill man to appear in court; accused of leaving 3 young children alone, 1 in 'cage'
- Updated Lehigh Valley Zoo giraffe dies from neck injury
- Updated Crash in Penn Twp. closes Rt. 183 in both directions
- Purple Heart recipient gets honored Memorial Day weekend
- Catasauqua police nab armed robbery suspect
- Countryside is making a strong comeback
- Local man takes business idea to the beach
- Bucks man gets life plus 15 to 30 years in friend's shooting death
- PHOTOS: Observing Memorial Day
- Great white shark Mary Lee detected off New Jersey coast
- In opioid crisis, a new risk for police: accidental overdose