JIM THORPE, Pa. - Richard Corkery, the former mayor of Coaldale, was found guilty on all 27 counts of possession of child pornography in Carbon County Court Thursday.
Coerky will be sentenced at a later date, reported William McDonald of the Carbon County district attorney's office.
The trial against the former Schuylkill County mayor began Wednesday.
Police reported that, while working as a radio host for WLSH-AM radio in Lansford, Carbon County, Corkery used his station computer to access child pornography on numerous occasions in 2011.
Police say dozens of pictures of naked boys were found on the hard drive.
Authorities in Schuylkill County said they are investigating the suspicious death of a man that was reported after a concerned friend discovered his body.Read More »
- 2 people killed in fiery crash on I-81 in Schuylkill County
- Man charged in Palmerton driveway paving scam
- Schuylkill man to appear in court; accused of leaving 3 young children alone, 1 in 'cage'
- Stroudsburg church to begin 'organ' transplant
- PennEast Pipeline would fuel Blue Mountain expansion
- Bird mites cleared from Lehighton High School
- Updated Fatal wreck closes portion of Cherryville Road in Allen Twp.
- 15 years has gone by fast for Freddy Awards
- Despite terrible injury, NCC graduate never gave up
- Pennsylvania mushroom farms face labor shortage
- Updated Berks lawmakers explain Pennsylvania's compliance with Real ID law
- Boyertown looks to enhance privacy in restrooms, locker rooms
- Frackville police investigating man's 'suspicious' death
- Updated Strawberries are ripe for picking in Northampton County
- Life Lessons: Dining with strangers
- Trump attends G-7 summit: What to watch