SMITHFIELD TWP., Pa. - A former Monroe County camp counselor convicted of sexually assaulting a camper is now facing several months in prison and more legal trouble.
Chisdai Ben-Porat, from Canada, was sentenced Tuesday to five to 23 months in prison.
Ben-Porat was found guilty of molesting a 12-year-old boy at Camp Dora Golding in Smithfield Township last July.
The judge also ordered Ben-Porat to register as a sex offender and says he must attend counseling.
He's also now facing another lawsuit. Tuesday the victim filed a civil suit against Ben-Porat and the owner of the camp.
Convicted cop-killer Eric Frein has learned his fate.Read More »
- Woman reportedly arrested for arson in Minersville fire
- Minersville fire damages multiple homes
- Eric Frein sentenced to death
- Officials warn of 'Narcan parties'
- Closing arguments end in penalty phase of police ambush killer
- Eric Frein laughed about selling story in recorded phone call
- Convicted cop killer Eric Frein sentenced to death
- Robbery suspect may be linked to other holdups, police say
- NFL Draft kicks off in Philadelphia
- Updated Police: Suspect in killing of Delaware trooper shot dead
- Updated Feds force shore town to give more parking near beach
- Updated 287(g) program hot topic at Berks commissioners meeting
- Updated 600-year-old tree that witnessed history taken down
- Updated U.S. District Judge James Knoll Gardner dies at 76
- Catnip Friends Rescue owner facing animal cruelty charges
- Arts Around Town: Allentown JazzFest joins with Allentown Art Museum in diverse programming