STROUDSBURG, Pa. - A teacher from Monroe County will spend more than a year behind bars for sexually assaulting a student.
Cynthia Hartopp, of Stroudsburg, was sentenced Tuesday to 15 to 48 months in state prison.
Hartopp was an art teacher at a high school in Pike County, but she was put on leave last April after she was accused of sexually assaulted a 16-year-old boy.
Hartopp pleaded guilty to the charges last year.
A jury is expected to begin weighing the sentence for a gunman who targeted Pennsylvania state troopers at their barracks, killing one and leaving a second with devastating injuries.Read More »
- Eric Frein laughed about selling story in recorded phone call
- Police ambush killer won't take stand in bid to spare life
- Fire destroys home in Schuylkill Township
- Shenandoah Sentinel creator has big plans
- Eric Frein's father, mother testify during penalty phase
- BonTon carries Pottsville pottery-maker's products
- Jury to begin weighing sentence for police ambush killer
- Berks County officials continue to discuss partnership with ICE
- Multi-Purpose skatepark in the works in Reading
- Reading Planning Commission moves forward on subdivision of Fromm Electric
- Hanover Township hears Turkey Hill liquor license request
- Airport authority scrambling to handle more cargo traffic
- Updated Life Lessons: Be Strong: Anti-bullying phone app
- A little rain this morning; otherwise mostly cloudy and turning milder today
- A career (and a giraffe) is born
- North Catasauqua Borough Council give sinkhole house owner an ultimatum