A former public official was ordered Wednesday to stand trial on charges he falsified financial interest forms, plus other charges.
Robert F. Spano, a former supervisor in Middle Smithfield Twp., Monroe Co., waived his preliminary hearing.
Spano, 62, of East Stroudsburg, is facing 33 counts, including lying to officials, lying on financial forms and records tampering.
Spano also faces federal charges of lying on health insurance forms.
Officials said he racked up thousands of dollars in illegal medical expenses for his mistress.
The National Park Service will be closing River Road in Middle Smithfield Township between park headquarters and Hialeah Picnic Area to protect migrating amphibians.Read More »
- 6 charged in connection with alleged gang slaying
- Mother charged after concealing death of baby
- Saylorsburg man faces DUI charge, child was in car
- Immigration officials detain alleged undocumented immigrants in Poconos
- PennDOT cracking down on 'Graffiti Highway' trespassing
- Police seize weapons from home of Horvath's father-in-law
- Public memorial service planned for Al Boscov
- Windy and much cooler today, but seasonable for late February
- 'Light the Way' celebration recognizes trailblazers in the community
- N.J. Rep. Leonard Lance holds second town hall meeting
- Local vineyard owners wary of warm weather
- Updated Man shot, killed by Reading police after allegedly pointing shotgun at officers
- Strong storms move through the region
- Police investigating morning shooting in Reading
- Judge: Man charged in deadly stabbing will remain jailed
- Police work to bring back murder suspect who fled state with 6-year-old daughter