A former public official was ordered Wednesday to stand trial on charges he falsified financial interest forms, plus other charges.
Robert F. Spano, a former supervisor in Middle Smithfield Twp., Monroe Co., waived his preliminary hearing.
Spano, 62, of East Stroudsburg, is facing 33 counts, including lying to officials, lying on financial forms and records tampering.
Spano also faces federal charges of lying on health insurance forms.
Officials said he racked up thousands of dollars in illegal medical expenses for his mistress.
- Walker Twp. man arrested for firing gun near neighbor's family gathering
- Monroe County farm holds annual Farm Animal Frolic
- Man's 'suspicious' death in Frackville ruled a homicide
- Alpine Mountain Ski area sold
- Frackville police investigating man's 'suspicious' death
- 2 people killed in fiery crash on I-81 in Schuylkill County
- Updated One year later, police seek answers in Chester Co. woman's death
- Mourners deliver flowers in memory of Ernie the giraffe
- How you can help an Allen HS senior in the fight of his life
- Freedom High student walks 22 miles for veterans
- Coroner called to crash in Lower Towamensing Twp.
- Visitors celebrate at Dorney Park despite rainy weather
- A place of healing for veterans
- Weather stops big guest at Pottstown Memorial Day parade
- 'Taps' echoes over Bethlehem
- Memorial Day services across Berks County