CHESTNUT HILL TWP., Pa. - Four people received moderate injuries in a two-car accident --one of them a state police vehicle -- in Monroe County early Sunday.
The accident happened at 12:39 a.m. on Route 115, about 76 feet south of Weir Lake Road in Chestnuthill Township.
Twenty-six-year-old Jean A. Fonte of Kunkletown was driving south on Route 115 when her Dodge Stratus crossed into the northbound lane, striking the northbound state police vehicle head-on.
Thirty-year-old Erin C. Dooner of Effort, the passenger in Fonte's car, also was injured.
The northbound vehicle, a state police Ford Crown Victoria, was driven by Jeffrey J. Kowalski. His age and hometown were not provided by state police.
Kowalski and his passenger, Gary Fedorczyk, 38, of Blakeslee, are state police troopers at the Fern Ridge barracks, according to state police.
The four injured people were transported to Pocono Medical Center in East Stroudsburg, Monroe County, and to Lehigh Valley and St. Luke's hospitals in Lehigh County.
Dooner is in stable condition in Lehigh Valley Hospital.
Channel 69 News has been unable to learn the condition of the other three people involved in the accident, but state police called their injuries "moderate."
Eric Frein has been convicted of multiple charges, including the killing of a state trooper in an ambush attack.Read More »
- Eric Frein's strategy to avoid death: Blame Dad
- Fire guts attached garage, damages home in Rush Twp.
- Woman killed in 1-car crash going 120 mph
- Defense begins to present its case in Eric Frein trial penalty phase
- Fallen trooper's wife gives emotional testimony in trial
- Penalty phase starts in Eric Frein trial
- Trial begins for accused getaway driver in 2015 killing spree
- Eric Frein sentencing continues Monday, focus shifts to Frein's father
- Updated Small earthquake rattles parts of Pennsylvania
- Updated Police arrest third man allegedly tied to drug deal assault
- Updated Mostly cloudy with a bit of rain this afternoon; rain continues through early Wednesday
- Street closures scheduled for downtown Allentown this week
- Pet owners learn animal CPR to help their furry friends
- Life Lessons: 3 Jars
- State police: 1 killed in crash with State Police vehicle
- Philadelphia cops raid pot-smoking party, arresting 22