The Schuylkill County man accused of threatening President Trump and other officials was spotted in Maryland, according to U.S. Marshals.
Federal investigators believe Shawn Christy was sleeping in a vehicle in Cumberland, Maryland Sunday evening, then stole a pickup truck.
In a press release Monday, U.S. Marshals said they found the postal vehicle stolen from Kentucky abandoned in Nitro, West Virginia on Saturday. Officials believe Christy stole the Jeep Cherokee back on Aug. 9.
On Sunday around 7 p.m., a resident reported a suspicious male sleeping in a vehicle in Maryland.
The man fled and could not be found, but responding Deputy U.S. Marshals "positively identified" the man as Christy.
Authorities said a pickup truck was reported missing in the Cumberland area Monday morning.
Officials believe Christy may have stolen the vehicle.
It's a 1997 GMC Sierra pickup truck with Pennsylvania license plate ZGL-2845.
Christy, of McAdoo, has multiple arrest warrants for allegedly threatening the president and the Northampton County district attorney.
He has been on the run since June.
U.S. Marshals said he's considered armed and dangerous. Christy is believed to have several guns, including three taken from a relative's home.
The FBI is offering a $20,000 reward for information leading to his arrest.
Anyone with information should call 1-877-Wanted-2 or 215-418-4000.
The search for a fugitive from Schuylkill County has picked up a big-name searcher.Read More »
- Father of fugitive Shawn Christy makes plea to son
- Police search for missing Schuylkill County girl
- Tobyhanna Township to receive new wells
- East Stroudsburg brothers, Wind Gap man killed in Route 209 crash
- East Stroudsburg teachers strike ends, school to resume Wednesday
- Fatal crash leaves 3 dead on Route 209 at dangerous intersection
- Council members say faith is lost in Phillipsburg mayor
- Dog the Bounty Hunter to join search for Shawn Christy
- Updated Reading mayor responds to former city manager's comments
- Bucks woman sentenced in fatal DUI crash
- Life Lessons: Eye contact key to bonding with baby
- Hearing scheduled for former South Whitehall officer charged in fatal shooting
- Judge nixes Cosby request to step down; sentencing set for Monday
- Man wanted for killing parents, shooting at ex-wife in Chester County found dead
- Allentown narrowly approves debt refinancing
- Updated Reading stages final Downtown Alive concert of summer season