SALISBURY TWP., Pa. - A 3-year-old girl has become the second child to die in an accident on Route 61 in Schuylkill County on Sunday.
Catrina Williams died Monday afternoon at Lehigh Valley Hospital near Allentown, according to the Lehigh County coroner's office.
A 6-year-old girl, Carianna Kroh, died at the same hospital on Sunday after being flown there from the scene of the accident on Route 61 in West Brunswick Township.
It happened around 11:30 a.m. as Victoria Place was pulling out of the Faith Church parking lot and was hit by another car, said police, adding that both children were in Place's car.
Place, 27, of Minersville, and the driver of the other car -- a 17-year-old boy from Schuylkill Haven -- were also taken to area hospitals, but officials had no information about the extent of their injuries.
Route 61 South was closed for nearly five hours while police reconstructed the accident.
- PennEast Pipeline would fuel Blue Mountain expansion
- Bird mites cleared from Lehighton High School
- Tip from Facebook staff leads to arrest of East Stroudsburg man for child porn
- Leiby's reopens in Tamaqua
- Schuylkill mom says welfare officials okay with 'cage'
- Truck goes off cliff, lands on railroad tracks
- Updated Police charge 80-year-old with child rape
- Updated 8 people now seated on jury in Bill Cosby's sex assault case
- Health Beat: Kids and concussions: How many is too many?
- PHOTOS: 2 gunmen rob pair of stores in Reading
- Commission approves LED lights for 'Trenton Makes' Bridge
- 87-year-old man dies after car crash in Bath earlier this month
- Variable cloudiness this afternoon with most of the rain staying south and east today and tomorrow
- Kelly Services to hold job fair in Allentown, looking to fill 300+ warehouse positions at XPO
- First-hand look at training firefighters go through
- Palmer police looking for 2 men accused of stealing $300 worth of razors from Giant