LOWER TOWAMENSING TWP., Pa. - Blue Mountain is celebrating a milestone.
After opening in the 60s as "Little Gap Ski Area", Blue Mountain Resort is celebrating 40 years of skiing and a potential early opening this weekend.
What started as a place offering four trails and two lifts is now a resort that offers 39 trails and 16 lifts in addition to 39 tubing lanes and five lodges.
Blue Mountain Resort could potentially open Friday from 8:30 a.m. to 10 p.m. if the weather forecast remains the same, and Saturday and Sunday from 8 a.m. to 10 p.m., according to a news release from the resort. The resort will then close and reopen for the season Dec. 2.
- East Stroudsburg Salvation Army needs a little help this year
- Thieves steal $100K from scrap metal company
- Pizza delivery driver shot in East Stroudsburg dies
- State Police: Trooper fires on man after he points weapon
- Neighbors of shooting victim 'devastated' by pizza delivery incident
- Pizza delivery driver ambushed, shot; 3 charged with attempted homicide
- 2 charged in Monroe burglaries
- PHOTOS: Ribbon cutting ceremony on Kenhorst Boulevard
- History's Headlines: Christmas constroversy
- Valley Forge Baptist Academy handbell choir performs Christmas classics
- Spirit of Giving: Allentown Rescue Mission
- Raszler defense attorney requests evidence from Horvath trial
- Like a real-life Hoth, Star Wars fans brave the snow
- Ashley's Angels making Christmas miracles in Berks County
- APD vs. BPD in a Christmas tree throw for charity
- Updated Bethlehem police: Man shoots ex-girlfriend, her new boyfriend