LOWER TOWAMENSING TWP., Pa. - Blue Mountain is celebrating a milestone.
After opening in the 60s as "Little Gap Ski Area", Blue Mountain Resort is celebrating 40 years of skiing and a potential early opening this weekend.
What started as a place offering four trails and two lifts is now a resort that offers 39 trails and 16 lifts in addition to 39 tubing lanes and five lodges.
Blue Mountain Resort could potentially open Friday from 8:30 a.m. to 10 p.m. if the weather forecast remains the same, and Saturday and Sunday from 8 a.m. to 10 p.m., according to a news release from the resort. The resort will then close and reopen for the season Dec. 2.
- Yuengling adds new beer to product portfolio
- ESU president announces new security measures for campus
- Wife who plotted husband's murder sentenced to 18-48 months
- Bullet found on floor at Panther Valley Junior Senior High
- Fmr. Lansford council president heads to Accelerated Rehabilitative Disposition
- ESU president apologizes to student stabbed on campus
- Updated Allentown Police Chief Glen Dorney is retiring
- UPDATED: Snowfall totals from the 69 News' viewing area
- YOUR PHOTOS: Fourth major winter storm in 3 weeks
- Berks County snow totals: How much have you seen?
- Snow days equal shortened spring break, longer school year
- Health Beat: Out of options: New valve saves hearts
- Lawmaker accused of abusing colleague won't seek re-election
- Senate approves bill to protect domestic violence victims
- Attorney: Dad wasn't primary caregiver for baby found dead
- DA to hold news conference on violent drug trafficking group