A Schuylkill County grandmother was re-sentenced today in the death of her granddaughter.
Pietrina Hoffman could serve nearly 12 years behind bars, which is much lower than her previous maximum sentence of 32 years.
On Wednesday a judge dismissed third degree murder and aggravated assault charges.
Prosecutors say Hoffman was babysitting 14-month-old Navaeh Doyle in January 2016 when she fell off a couch and onto the baby.
They said Hoffman had taken several medications.
- Pizza delivery driver shot in East Stroudsburg dies
- State Police: Trooper fires on man after he points weapon
- Neighbors of shooting victim 'devastated' by pizza delivery incident
- Pizza delivery driver ambushed, shot; 3 charged with attempted homicide
- 3, including a 17-year-old boy, charged in pizza delivery shooting
- Community takes stand against hate speech in Monroe County
- Trio of suspicious fires have Hunterdon County authorities alarmed
- Dinardo and Kratz plead not guilty to homicide charges
- Space heater to blame for fatal Schwenksville fire
- Easton PD: Man shot multiple times on W. Wilkes Barre St.
- Community celebrates Hanukkah with latke cook-off
- State Police: Schwenksville fire caused by extension cord failure
- Tiny house sending big message
- Driver killed in Alburtis train crash identified
- Fire destroys a Leesport garage
- Shop with a Cop makes kids' Christmas brighter