NORWEGIAN TWP., Pa. - A Minersville man was arrested Tuesday after leading police on a car chase that began in the parking lot of the King's Village Shopping Center parking lot in Norwegian Township, Schuylkill County.
According to State Police, Scot Lee Mace, 38, climbed into the driver's seat of another man's car while he picked up dropped groceries at the passenger side of his car.
Mace then proceeded to step on the gas, dragging the car's owner to the ground as he grabbed the wheel from outside of the car.
The car owner was not injured and immediately called police, who located the vehicle on Interstate 81 and Highridge Park Blvd.
Tremont Borough Police and Cass Township Police pursued Mace in the stolen vehicle for a mile with lights and sirens blaring.
Mace was taken in to custody after officers were able to bring the stolen vehicle to a controlled stop, according to State Police.
Mace is charged with two counts of robbery, robbery of a motor vehicle, aggravated assault and DUI, amongst other charges.
He was unable to post the $75,000 bail and was incarcerated in the Schuylkill County Prison.
- Updated Woman dies after being attacked by her dog in Upper Macungie
- Updated Eric Frein sentenced to death in trooper's slaying
- Ace Hardware to open distribution center near Berks-Lebanon border
- Updated Fund established for family of fallen Delaware trooper
- New I-80 WB closed due to an ATV and car wreck
- Updated Civic Theatre in Allentown launches capital campaign
- Updated Health Beat: Alzheimer's or something else?
- Updated Pottstown police going door to door in borough
- Feds force shore town to give more parking near beach
- 287(g) program hot topic at Berks commissioners meeting