HAMILTON TWP., Pa. - A man was shot and killed as his home in Monroe County was pelted by gunfire early Tuesday morning, state police said.
The shooting happened between 12:18 and 12:30 a.m. at 5014 Old Timber Rd. in Hamilton Township, just west of East Stroudsburg.
A search of the scene revealed evidence that the home had been hit by gunfire and that a man inside, identified as Darcey Eric Kravchenko, had been shot and killed, state police said.
An autopsy on Kravchenko, 39, has been scheduled for Wednesday.
No arrests have been made.
A jury is expected to begin weighing the sentence for a gunman who targeted Pennsylvania state troopers at their barracks, killing one and leaving a second with devastating injuries.Read More »
- Eric Frein laughed about selling story in recorded phone call
- Police ambush killer won't take stand in bid to spare life
- Fire destroys home in Schuylkill Township
- Shenandoah Sentinel creator has big plans
- Eric Frein's father, mother testify during penalty phase
- BonTon carries Pottsville pottery-maker's products
- Updated Crews respond to crash near Dorney Park
- Updated Jury to begin weighing sentence for police ambush killer
- Berks County officials continue to discuss partnership with ICE
- Updated SteelStacks partners with Lehigh Valley Grand Prix for inaugural fundraising event
- Updated Rollover crash reported along I-78 in Lower Saucon
- Updated Daughter: Bill Cosby 'is not abusive, violent or a rapist'
- Life Lessons: Be Strong: Anti-bullying phone app
- A little rain this morning; otherwise mostly cloudy and turning milder today
- Multi-Purpose skatepark in the works in Reading
- Updated Hanover Township hears Turkey Hill liquor license request