LONG POND, Pa. - Denny Hamlin turned a track-record of 181.415 mph in winning the pole for Sunday's Winston Cup race at Pocono Raceway.
It's the third career pole at Pocono for Hamlin, who has won four times at the track. Kurt Busch was second in qualifying, followed by Brad Keselowski, Kevin Harvick and Jeff Gordon.
Sprint Cup leader Matt Kenseth takes a two point lead over Gordon into the race.
Kenseth qualified 26th.
Police in Schuylkill County say an argument over a woman escalated to the point that a man hit another person with his car on purpose.Read More »
- Police activity prompts 'secure in place' measure at Pleasant Valley School District
- VIDEO: Frein given additional prison time
- Woman arrested for arson in Minersville fire
- I-80 WB reopened after ATV and car wreck
- Eric Frein sentenced to death in trooper's slaying
- Convicted cop killer Eric Frein sentenced to death
- Updated PSP troopers injured in struggle with bar patron
- Updated Police: Argument leads to man being intentionally struck by vehicle
- Woman dies after being attacked by her dog in Upper Macungie
- Updated New report shows percent drop in overall crime in New Jersey
- Updated Police activity prompts 'secure in place' measure at Pleasant Valley School District
- Updated Judge: Cosby jury can hear about quaaludes, not Spanish fly
- Warm again today with some sunshine
- Sunrise Chef: Sagra Bistro in Hellertown
- Police allege DUI suspect four times over the limit
- WFMZ says goodbye to Rosa Duarte