EAST SIDE BOROUGH, Pa. - Eleven people were hospitalized following a four-vehicle wreck on I-80 in Carbon County.
The wreck happened around 4:45 p.m. March 30 on I-80 West near mile marker 273 in East Side Borough.
State Police say a chain reaction was set off when a vehicle lost control, struck a guard rail and was crashed into from behind by another vehicle. A third vehicle tried to avoid the wreck, but crashed into a concrete barrier and overturned. A fourth vehicle crashed into a concrete barrier while trying to avoid the other three,
In total, 11 people were sent to the hospital, including two young children.
Police did not indicate the severity of the injuries.
Police also did not say if they were planning on filing any charges.
Convicted cop-killer Eric Frein has learned his fate.Read More »
- Woman reportedly arrested for arson in Minersville fire
- Minersville fire damages multiple homes
- Eric Frein sentenced to death
- Officials warn of 'Narcan parties'
- Closing arguments end in penalty phase of police ambush killer
- Eric Frein laughed about selling story in recorded phone call
- Convicted cop killer Eric Frein sentenced to death
- Robbery suspect may be linked to other holdups, police say
- NFL Draft kicks off in Philadelphia
- Updated Police: Suspect in killing of Delaware trooper shot dead
- Updated Feds force shore town to give more parking near beach
- Updated 287(g) program hot topic at Berks commissioners meeting
- Updated 600-year-old tree that witnessed history taken down
- Updated U.S. District Judge James Knoll Gardner dies at 76
- Catnip Friends Rescue owner facing animal cruelty charges
- Arts Around Town: Allentown JazzFest joins with Allentown Art Museum in diverse programming