NORTH MANHEIM TWP., Pa. - An infant and 6-year-old girl were flown to the hospital following a suspected DUI crash in Schuylkill County.
State police say the crash happened around 2:40 p.m. Saturday on Gorden Nagle Trail in North Manheim Twp. when a car driven by 27-year-old Nicole Moore drifted into opposing traffic and crashed head-on into another vehicle.
Three children in the car with Moore were all injured.
Two of the children, a 6-year-old girl and 5-month-old girl, were flown to Lehigh Valley Hospital, police said. The 5-month-old girl is in critical condition, as of Sunday morning, according to the hospital. The hospital did not have information on the 6-year-old's condition.
Another child in the vehicle, a 3-year-old boy, was treated for injuries and released from Schuylkill Medical Hospital.
Moore was also treated at Schuylkill Medical Center.
Police say Moore indicated signs of driving under the influence. Charges are pending blood results.
Information from police does not indicate the woman's relationship to the three children in the vehicle. When 69 News asked State Police if the woman is the children's mother, their only comment was that the case is still under investigation.
The driver of the other vehicle was treated for injuries at Schuylkill Medical Center.
- Man charged in Palmerton driveway paving scam
- Schuylkill man to appear in court; accused of leaving 3 young children alone, 1 in 'cage'
- Stroudsburg church to begin 'organ' transplant
- PennEast Pipeline would fuel Blue Mountain expansion
- Bird mites cleared from Lehighton High School
- Tip from Facebook staff leads to arrest of East Stroudsburg man for child porn
- 2 dead in I-81 fatal crash in Schuylkill County
- Cooler with occasional rain and a thunderstorm today
- Governor Wolf plans to sign Real ID law
- Updated Mural appears on Quaker Maid plant on Rte.10 in Reading
- Reading police investigating shooting
- Life Lessons: Tips to help kids sleep
- Lower Nazareth Board of Supervisors passes medical marijuana ordinance
- Allentown Rotary fountain receives Lehigh County OK
- Warren County Freeholders call a meeting of mayors
- Easton City Council tables action on Billy's Diner lease agreement