SNYDERSVILLE, Pa. - A 45-year-old inmate from Stroudsburg escaped from a transport vehicle last Friday while being returned to the Monroe County Correctional Facility after a special furlough.
James Arthur Bock was being transported by a private passenger van around 1:45 p.m. traveling on Route 33 near the Snydersville off-ramp when he jumped from the vehicle and fled on foot.
Multiple police units responded to the correctional facility and Pennsylvania State Police Stroudsburg began searching for Bock.
A day later, officers found Bock and took him into custody. He was lodged at the Monroe County Correctional Facility with a bail set at $75,000 on new charges of Escape and Flight to avoid apprehension, trial, punishment.
His preliminary hearing is scheduled for Feb. 16.
Pro-gun church explains AR-15 marriage ceremony.Read More »
- New Jim-Thorpe one-dollar coins selling out fast
- Some Poconos students to relocate Wednesday due to blessing ceremony featuring AR-15s
- Pair charged in numerous robberies, thefts at Walmart stores
- Monroe County teenager dies from flu complications
- AR-15 rifles to accompany church's blessing ceremony
- 2 more facing charges in relation to ESU stabbing
- Caught on camera: Domino's workers apprehend armed robbery suspect
- Wallenpaupack School District responds to nearby church ceremony involving AR-15 rifles
- Indivisible Berks Holds Rally in Support of Unions in Preparation of Major Supreme Court Case
- Murphy promises gun control, but for now reviews policies
- Former Reading mayor Spencer's trial delayed
- Millions of BB&T customers affected by outage
- Joe Paterno movie coming to HBO
- Man arrested for domestic violence assault in Fleetwood
- Degas painting missing for 9 years found outside Paris
- Florida governor speaks out on Parkland shooting