TAMAQUA, Pa. - Police in Schuylkill County say a man led them on a high-speed chase with his young son in the car.
Officers say they responded to John Roberts' home on Washington Street in Tamaqua on Monday for a domestic dispute, when they noticed a boy yelling for help in the back of a car.
Officials say Roberts took off in that car, with his 8-year-old son in the back seat.
Police say he was able to evade the officers for a while, dropped his son off at home, then took off again.
Investigators say the chase ended with Roberts crashed into a tree.
He's now facing a list of charges.
- Frackville police investigating man's 'suspicious' death
- 2 people killed in fiery crash on I-81 in Schuylkill County
- Man charged in Palmerton driveway paving scam
- Schuylkill man to appear in court; accused of leaving 3 young children alone, 1 in 'cage'
- Stroudsburg church to begin 'organ' transplant
- PennEast Pipeline would fuel Blue Mountain expansion
- Updated Summer getaways in the Lehigh Valley
- Famed Berks wrestling coach gone, but not forgotten
- Dry early, round of showers later today
- Local police step up patrols for Memorial Day weekend
- History's Headlines: Baseball at Bethlehem Steel
- Boyertown State Theatre goes digital
- Police: Teen shot in Pottstown
- Pennsylvania Shakespeare Festival right around the corner
- BK's Helping Hands lives up to the name
- Camelback Road bridge reopens