TAMAQUA, Pa. - Police in Schuylkill County say a man led them on a high-speed chase with his young son in the car.
Officers say they responded to John Roberts' home on Washington Street in Tamaqua on Monday for a domestic dispute, when they noticed a boy yelling for help in the back of a car.
Officials say Roberts took off in that car, with his 8-year-old son in the back seat.
Police say he was able to evade the officers for a while, dropped his son off at home, then took off again.
Investigators say the chase ended with Roberts crashed into a tree.
He's now facing a list of charges.
One day after the Trump administration unveiled new immigration enforcement policies, police and federal agents were on the move in the Poconos.Read More »
- PennDOT cracking down on 'Graffiti Highway' trespassing
- Police seize weapons from home of Horvath's father-in-law
- Police: Mom caught with meth, heroin, marijuana
- 3 accused of stealing $1,700 in merchandise from Mahoning Walmart
- 2 killed in Paradise Twp. motorcycle crash
- Ex-police chief faces criminal charges in Schuylkill County
- Updated Man accused of stabbing wife, daughter-in-law in Allentown
- Record-challenging warmth today, close to records Friday
- Royals fundraiser to honor Al Boscov's commitment to Reading
- Jacob Sullivan, man accused of murdering Grace Packer, waives preliminary hearing
- Updated Life Lessons: Raising a tech entrepreneur
- Easton adopts 20-year comprehensive plan
- Lehigh County supports anti-gerrymandering bill
- Allentown Parks & Rec Committee gives nod to new 'Auburn Cross Trails Park'
- Reading parents vent frustrations regarding safety in schools
- Quakertown man sentenced for defrauding fraternities, sororities at Lehigh University