A jury has been assembled to look into what caused the death of an inmate at Schuylkill County Prison.
Matthew Koncsler, 21, of Shenandoah, died last March at the prison.
The jury will have to decide if Koncsler died because of a criminal act or negligence.
An autopsy didn't immediately reveal a cause of death.
The inquest is expected to begin within the next few weeks.
It's the county's first in more than a decade.
Eric Frein has been convicted of multiple charges, including the killing of a state trooper in an ambush attack.Read More »
- Eric Frein's strategy to avoid death: Blame Dad
- Fire guts attached garage, damages home in Rush Twp.
- Woman killed in 1-car crash going 120 mph
- Defense begins to present its case in Eric Frein trial penalty phase
- Fallen trooper's wife gives emotional testimony in trial
- Penalty phase starts in Eric Frein trial
- Trial begins for accused getaway driver in 2015 killing spree
- Sentencing begins for congressional aide convicted of sexual assault
- Eric Frein sentencing continues Monday, focus shifts to Frein's father
- Small earthquake rattles parts of Pennsylvania
- Life Lessons: 3 Jars
- State police: 1 killed in crash with State Police vehicle
- Updated Philadelphia cops raid pot-smoking party, arresting 22
- Mostly cloudy with a touch of rain today; rain continues through early Wednesday
- Paramedic reunites with family he helped decades ago
- Runners take on St. Luke's Half Marathon