Low water levels have closed a boat ramp on the Beltzville Reservoir.
Beltzville State Park managers say they made the decision to close the Preacher's Camp boat launch ramp after the Army Corps of Engineers drained the lake by several feet.
The Army Corps of Engineers says they used the reservoir water to feed the Lehigh and Delaware Rivers, which supply the city of Easton with drinking water.
"It fluctuates. It's a dam. They release water as needed and retain water as well, said Beltzville State Park Manager Devin Buzard.
Buzard says the lake is still open to boats but operators will need to use a boat launch ramp on the other side of the lake.
A dry fall has contributed to the drought watch some parts of Pennsylvania are under right now. Precipitation levels in some of the affected counties are more than 75 percent below the average precipitation levels for this time of year.
The Governor's Drought Task Force will meet this Wednesday for the third time this year. The meeting will determine if they should change the drought declaration status.
A Pennsylvania man who admitted trafficking firearms in New Jersey has been sentenced to more than seven years in prison.Read More »
- One Tank Trip: Dingmans Falls
- Motorcyclist allegedly flees from police, crashes into van
- Shooting in Port Carbon leaves two wounded
- Man allegedly threatens to burn down house with family inside
- Pocono Dome to become retreat for South Korean-based church
- From Pennsylvania to Ukraine with coal
- Updated Road rage shooting suspect waives preliminary hearing
- Updated Retired Allentown Police Officer Wendy Brantley remembered
- City Council seeks to oust Pawlowski
- Updated Second arrest made in Allentown homicide
- Updated Reading SD 'shocked and dismayed' by action over museum
- Authorities arrest 2 in reported home invasion attempt
- Police: Maryland woman uses Ohio ID to order laptops
- LV businesses react to NAFTA renegotiations
- Life Lessons: Women in gaming
- Person wounded by gunfire in Reading