PIKE COUNTY, Pa. - State senators are holding a public hearing on the 48-day manhunt for convicted cop-killer Eric Frein.
Lawmakers met in Pike County Thursday morning.
That's where Frein shot and killed Corporal Bryon Dickson and wounded Trooper Alex Douglass outside the Blooming Grove barracks in 2014.
Frein was convicted in April and sentenced to death.
Lawmakers say the hearing will focus on how the manhunt affected the local community and what law enforcement might have done differently.
WFMZ's Jaccii Farris will have a recap of the hearing starting at 4:30 p.m.
- 6 charged in stabbing of East Stroudsburg student
- 'We're not joking around here, Ed' and other tidbits heard in pay-to-play trial
- Updated Philadelphia's Coldilocks, oldest polar bear in US, dies
- Updated National student walkout planned for March 14 to protest gun violence
- Updated Former Pennsylvania Gov. Ridge recalls heart attack scare
- Updated Pa. court's new congressional map has big impact on Berks
- Truck hauling human waste goes off road near Boyertown
- Trump tells Pa. GOP to challenge new congressional map
- Styx, Joan Jett to headline Musikfest opening night
- Baby Maeve gets some life lessons from dad