Lehigh Gap Nature Center is conducting a prescribed burn near the Prairie Grass Trail Saturday morning on Blue Mountain.
The nature center is conducting the controlled burn as part of its ongoing grass management project.
All sections of the trail in the area of the burn will be closed until the fire is extinguished.
The Second Saturday Bird Walk and Spring Clean-Up will not be affected by the burn and will go on as scheduled.
Officers said the mother of the kids, ranging in age from six months to 13 years old, was out of town for the weekend.Read More »
- Bob Dorough of 'Schoolhouse Rock' is dead at 94
- Unidentified body discovered in Carbon County waterway
- Police continue to investigate remains of 24-year-old woman
- Tamaqua resident arrested on outstanding warrant
- Carbon County man facing drug, weapons charges
- Body recovered from water in Carbon County
- Burning body found in Bethlehem: 'We were hoping it was a mannequin'
- Berks Jazz Fest: 'Thanks for the memories Bob Dorough'
- Updated Food Drive event collects over 20,000 pounds of food for Second Harvest
- Case headed to trial for Kevin Esterly, man who ran off with Allentown teen
- Updated Easy Eats: Uncle Joe's One-Pot Cajun Alfredo Pasta
- Updated Easton police search for man in relation to heroin sales
- Updated Santander Bank sees mixed results in 1st quarter
- Lehigh Valley Zoo provides home for 8-month-old snowy owl
- YEA! moves to build stronger, community-inclusive organization
- Southwest has been faced with fines, union safety complaints