Maintenance on the Lehigh Tunnel is expected to cause traffic delays on the northeast extension.
Wednesday, August 6, crews will be performing tunnel maintenance from approximately 8:00am - 2:00pm.
During this time, traffic will be diverted out of the northbound tunnel and both north and southbound traffic will use the southbound tunnel -- one lane of each direction.
The Lehigh Tunnel is located between milepost 70 and 71 between the Lehigh Valley and Mahoning Valley exits.
If rain delays the project, it will take place on Thursday.
A Schuylkill County man accused of beating his dad to death with a baseball bat on Father's Day has been apprehended at the Jersey shore.Read More »
- AG: Nearly 30K pills stolen by pharmacy assistant in Tamaqua
- Man hit by vehicle in Mahoning, taken to hospital
- Pocono Mountain Regional Police bid farewell to K9 Niko
- Search continues for man accused of beating dad to death
- Police searching for man accused of killing father in Schuylkill
- PSP: Gary Marchalk was killed by his son, Michael Marchalk
- Occasional rain, thunderstorm through mid-morning Saturday
- NJ attorney general joins multistate probe of drug makers
- Schuylkill man accused of killing dad busted on AC boardwalk
- Updated Skyline Drive reopens after wall work atop Mount Penn
- Updated Doctor, dog team up on 'Take Your Dog to Work Day'
- Students learn ropes of law enforcement
- Updated Health Beat: Cochlear implants: How child learns language
- Man sentenced for fatal shooting of woman in Phillipsburg
- Suspect linked to Bethlehem homicide asks for release ahead of trial
- Pennsylvania Legislature eyes wider DNA sampling of convicts