FOSTER TWP., Pa. - A 34-year-old Lehighton man was killed early Wednesday morning in an accident in Luzerne County.
Jamin Zimmerman was driving a 1999 Plymouth Breeze west on Route 940 in Foster Township when he crossed the center line and hit a 2012 Mack Truck Tractor, eventually coming to a stop off the roadway.
David Kleppinger, 60, of Palmerton, was driving the truck. He was not injured.
State Police say both cars sustained heavy damage.
It is unclear why Zimmerman crossed lanes, according to State Police.
He was pronounced dead at the scene by the Luzerne County Coroner's Office.
The accident happened at around 4:30 a.m. in Foster Township on Route 940 just east of Veteran's Road.
- Police: Argument leads to man being intentionally struck by vehicle
- Police activity prompts 'secure in place' measure at Pleasant Valley School District
- VIDEO: Frein given additional prison time
- Woman arrested for arson in Minersville fire
- I-80 WB reopened after ATV and car wreck
- Eric Frein sentenced to death in trooper's slaying
- Vehicle hits Berks apartment building; 2 families displaced
- Phantoms eliminated from playoffs
- Candidates for Allentown mayor weigh in on the issues
- Bethlehem Twp. police search for purse snatchers
- Birdsboro church closes its doors after 180 years
- Fans rally to support Phantoms hockey
- Yo ho ho! Pennsylvania aims to smash US embargo on Cuban rum
- Girlfriend's on-air killing drives anchorman into politics
- New Salvation Army opens in Berks
- First responders practice emergency preparedness at LVIA