Ice jams are causing flooding concerns along the Delaware River, with a flood watch in effect until Sunday.
In Smithfield Township, people who live and work along the river said water levels appeared to be at their highest this year on Wednesday.
They said although the river has spilled over its banks in some areas, they aren't worried about major flooding yet.
"The water was a little high at the Bushkill boat launch...but the water had receded a lot," said David Vonderheide of Smithfield Township.
In 1996, floodwaters broke up an ice jam in the Delaware Water Gap and caused major flooding downstream in Riegelsville, New Jersey and into Bucks County.
Two men face numerous charges in connection with a series of armed robberies and thefts that targeted Walmart stores across seven Pennsylvania counties.Read More »
- Monroe County teenager dies from flu complications
- AR-15 rifles to accompany church's blessing ceremony
- 2 more facing charges in relation to ESU stabbing
- Pennsylvania First Lady visits Palmerton area school
- Large bags banned from Cinemark movie theater
- Canadian man killed in skiing accident at Camelback
- Monster Jam revs and rocks the PPL this weekend
- Parkland School District bus fleet hit by devastating fire
- Local gun store offers free class to LV school employees
- Pair charged in numerous robberies, thefts at Walmart stores
- Federal judges to hear Pennsylvania district map challenge
- Parents, students, and schools on edge after Florida shooting
- Community, gov't effort needed for affordable housing push
- Students slime principal as reward for reaching reading goal
- General Heath's Antiques in Adamstown set to close
- Building affordable housing is a tough sell, businessmen say