TREMONT, Pa. - Police are investigating a robbery and assault in Schuylkill County.
State police said two men broke into a home on East Line Street in Tremont around 3 a.m. Monday.
They hit the 73-year-old homeowner in the face with a metal object and bound him with duct tape, police said.
The robbers then made off with cash, coins and other items from the man's house.
Police said the man was taken to the hospital with serious injuries to his eye and face.
- Double homicide investigation leads to arrest in Poconos
- Pocono doctor picked to work as translator at Olympics
- Lehigh County coroner looking for next of kin
- Several service events to honor Martin Luther King Jr. Day
- Neighbors shaken after murder suicide in Tobyhanna
- Man, teenage girl fatally shot in apparent murder-suicide
- Steadier snow overnight leads to messy morning commute
- Judge says Pawlowski trial to start Monday
- Updated Reading police seek persons of interest in fatal shooting
- Updated Health Beat: IBD stopped in its tracks
- Updated PHOTOS: Reading police seek persons of interest in homicide
- Updated AG files lawsuit to stop rollback of net neutrality
- Gov. Wolf asks Trump for federal support in opioid crisis
- A-Treat looks for heroes to be featured on company's label
- Lehigh University names professor in sexual misconduct allegation
- GOP field grows to 4 to run for Pa. lieutenant governor