MAHONING TWP., Pa. - A Carbon County man is facing DUI charges after police found him asleep behind the wheel at an area shopping mall.
Mahoning Township police said an officer saw an SUV blocking an intersection at the Carbon Plaza Mall.
The vehicle was sitting at a stop sign in the exit of the mall without its lights on, police said.
When an officer approached the SUV, he found the driver, Troy Refsnider of Nesquehoning, asleep behind the wheel, holding a McDonald's hamburger.
Police arrested Refsnider, who refused a requested blood test. He was charged with DUI and obstructing highways. A preliminary hearing is scheduled for July 30.
- PennEast Pipeline would fuel Blue Mountain expansion
- Bird mites cleared from Lehighton High School
- Tip from Facebook staff leads to arrest of East Stroudsburg man for child porn
- Leiby's reopens in Tamaqua
- Schuylkill mom says welfare officials okay with 'cage'
- Truck goes off cliff, lands on railroad tracks
- Allentown police looking for driver who hit, dragged boy on bike
- XO Communications cutting more than 50 jobs in Berks
- Northampton DA investigates trooper-involved shooting
- Fidget Spinners causing controversy in schools
- Giraffe arrives at Lehigh Valley Zoo
- BCAP holds open house at new location in downtown Reading
- Report: MGM/Sands sale falls through
- Leesport VFW honors young soldier home from service
- Township manager says development at Braden Airpark in early stages
- Pennsylvania moves to comply with federal Real ID law